10th Annual Mount Airy Police Department Toy Drive sponsored by Mount Airy Parks and Recreation. Entry fee is an unwrapped gift (elementary or middle-school age appropriate) for the toy drive.
Date, Time and Place
Saturday, December 8, 2018 at Riverside Park.
5K start time is 9:00 AM
Kids Jingle Bell 1/2 Mile Jog begins at 9:45 AM
Your registration fee for this race is an unwrapped toy (elementary or middle school age appropriate) or high school age gift or gift cards for our Mount Airy Police Dept. local toy drive on race morning. There will be a collection area near the picnic shelter at Packet Pickup/Registration. If you would like a long sleeved performance race shirt, please include the t-shirt purchase with your registration option for $15 to cover the cost of the shirt. Only registrations received by November 30th are eligible for a shirt purchase. Race shirts may
be available at packet pickup and race day on a first-come, first-serve basis while limited sizes and supplies last.
SPECIAL GUEST! We will have Santa Claus as the special guest following the race.
Early Packet Pickup
Packets can be picked up at Reeves Community Center from Noon - 8:00 PM Friday, December 7th.
Race Day Registration and Packet Pickup
7:30 - 8:30 AM at Riverside Park picnic shelter beside the playground.
Parking and Shuttle Service
Parking is available in Riverside Park and Reeves Community Center (113 South Renfro Street) and a shuttle will take you to the start line at Riverside Park if needed. The Community Center is approximately 2 blocks from the start line if needed. Please arrive early enough to locate parking and walk or shuttle to the race area, register and pickup your packet, if you have not already. The race will start promptly at 9:00 AM.
Refreshments and Recovery
Refreshments, including baked goods and cider will be available after the race
All finishers of the 5K will receive a candy cane. Kids will receive a special reward for their run.
First, second and third place overall and age group winners will receive a special prize.
Age Divisions: 10 & under, 11-13, 14-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60 69, 70-Over
Win an award for the best holiday running outfit!
This is an out and back on the Ararat River Greenway. Starting just past the trailhead and running out to the turnaround which approximately (1.65 miles out) is just before the Hwy 89 Business overpass. There will be a Christmas tree in the middle of the trail and a course attendant instructing you to turn around. The 5K finishes on the Greenway adjacent to the Build a Dream playground. Course is on all paved trail.
Click here for a course map with elevation.
Title Sponsor: Renfro Corporation
- Numbers must be worn throughout the entire race and be worn on the outermost article of clothing, clearly visible to be seen at the start and finish lines. Anyone who does not comply may not receive a finish time.
- Registration fees and bibs are non-transferable and non-refundable.
- No pets allowed on the race course
- Bandits are not allowed and will be removed from the race course.
- Bib numbers must be worn by the registrant to whom they have been assigned. Bib transfers must be requested by December 8th.
- A disposable RFID timing chip is adhered to the back of your race bib. Do not try to remove the bib chip and be careful not to bend or fold your race bib, or your chip may not work.
- Awards are based on Gun Time. Chip times will be provided.
- Anyone who runs off the course will be automatically disqualified. Watch for and listen to course attendants for direction. Know your race course before you run. See course maps below.
- Any non-registered adult, who plans to run with young children, must not cross the finish line. Leave the course before you approach the finish line chute, so that that this will not interfere with finishers.
- Any runner who does not provide age verification upon request by a race official will be disqualified.